***New Members Reminder*** ×

Member introduction - Hello everbody!

Hello everyone!

I hope everybody is having a good day. I have been getting screwed by the psych system since I was 11 years old and I have recently had enough. I am so happy a place like this exists, its so hard to find spaces that won't minimize your experiences. I am currently trying to cope with an ex "therapist" (not even 100% sure she was qualified to provide that lol- her only previous experience was in ABA, and this was her first counselling job - however I was not informed of that at the time) that gaslit me, lied to me and to others about me, and eroded my boundaries. Though I am thankful I am no longer seeing her the wounds are still raw.  I have experienced coerced drugging and overdrugging at the hands of a psychiatrist and several doctors and I'm slightly more healed from that but still sore. Thank you so much for reading

Have a great day!

Glad to have you here, ifyouknowmenoyoudont! I think the effects of bad therapist experiences never go away completely, but it can start feeling less and less painful with time and the right kind of support. I'm sorry you were hurt by those psych malpractitioners. Stay strong and keep healing!

Welcome to the forum, I really hope you find it helpful.

With a background in ABA, I can't help but wonder what sort of interventions found their way into her counselling 'repertoire'. All of what you mentioned sounds awful and violating. I feel for you having to go through all that. I often think that the coercive nature of medicating patients and over-medicating them is punitive in nature rather than 'protective' and is a genuine human rights issue at heart. The power these mental health professionals have is scary, to say the least.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:16 AM, ifyouknowmenoyoudont said:

Hello everyone!

I hope everybody is having a good day. I have been getting screwed by the psych system since I was 11 years old and I have recently had enough. I am so happy a place like this exists, its so hard to find spaces that won't minimize your experiences. I am currently trying to cope with an ex "therapist" (not even 100% sure she was qualified to provide that lol- her only previous experience was in ABA, and this was her first counselling job - however I was not informed of that at the time) that gaslit me, lied to me and to others about me, and eroded my boundaries. Though I am thankful I am no longer seeing her the wounds are still raw.  I have experienced coerced drugging and overdrugging at the hands of a psychiatrist and several doctors and I'm slightly more healed from that but still sore. Thank you so much for reading

Have a great day!

Sorry to hear that. Welcome! The therapist that you speak of does sound limited in her experience. Glad you aren't seeing her anymore, but the damage a professional does can be hard to move on from.